Job outlook Hand Sprayer - Greenhouse in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) are fair in Manitoba over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a hand sprayer - greenhouse.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be fair for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Nursery and greenhouse workers in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 600 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Nursery and greenhouse workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 81%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 14%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 64% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 36% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 29% of nursery and greenhouse workers work all year, while 71% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 22 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 6% of nursery and greenhouse workers are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|North Central Region||Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: