Job prospects Inspector, Precision Instrument Assembly in Québec
Job opportunities for Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors (NOC 9537) are good in Québec over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an inspector, precision instrument assembly.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be good for Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors (NOC 9537) in Québec for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors in Québec:
- Approximately 7,500 people work in this occupation.
- Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 18%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 16%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 7%
- Plastics and rubber products manufacturing (NAICS 326): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 89% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 11% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 54% of other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors work all year, while 46% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- 7% of other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||Fair Fair|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||Good Good|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||Good Good|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||Good Good|
|Côte-Nord Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Estrie Region||Good Good|
|Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Lanaudière Region||Good Good|
|Laurentides Region||Good Good|
|Laval Region||Good Good|
|Mauricie Region||Fair Fair|
|Montréal Region||Good Good|
|Montérégie Region||Good Good|
|Nord-du-Québec Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Outaouais Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: