Job prospects Cashier near Whitehorse (YT)
Explore current and future job prospects for Cashiers near Whitehorse (YT). These trends also apply to people working as a cashier.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in Yukon for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Yukon region:
- Approximately 550 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale and Retail Trade (NAICS 41, 44-45): 83%
- Tourism & Culture (NAICS 51, 71-72): 9%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 42% compared to 82% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 58% compared to 18% for all occupations
- 42% of cashiers work all year, while 58% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 24 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: