Job prospects Cashier near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Cashiers near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a cashier.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of a few positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 14,100 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 74%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 17%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: