Job prospects Cashier in Alberta
Job opportunities for Cashiers (NOC 6611) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a cashier.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of a few positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 39,300 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 40%
- Food and beverage stores (NAICS 445): 33%
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 18%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 36% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 64% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 41% of cashiers work all year, while 59% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 27 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of cashiers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair Fair|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Cashiers (NOC 6611) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: