Job prospects Medical Doctor in the Moncton–Richibucto Region
Explore current and future job prospects for General practitioners and family physicians in the Moncton–Richibucto Region. These trends also apply to people working as a medical doctor.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be good for General practitioners and family physicians (NOC 3112) in the Moncton - Richibucto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about General practitioners and family physicians in the Moncton - Richibucto region:
- Approximately 470 people work in this occupation.
- General practitioners and family physicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 62%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 35%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: