Job prospects Accounting Technician near Prince Rupert (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers near Prince Rupert (BC). These trends also apply to people working as an accounting technician.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the North Coast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the North Coast region:
- Approximately 860 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 24%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 21%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 9%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 8%
- Forestry and logging: 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: