Job outlook Accounting Technician near Toronto (ON)
The job outlook for an accounting technician working near Toronto (ON) is fair over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311).
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the Toronto region for the 2018-2020 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Jobs prospects will be supported particularly as the region accounts for an above average share of the province’s larger offices of accountants, and bookkeeping, payroll and related services firms.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 29,030 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 37%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 13%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 8%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 5%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: