Job prospects Accounting Technician near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as an accounting technician.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 17,390 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 36%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 13%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 8%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: