Job prospects Accounting Technician near Kitchener (ON)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "accounting technician" was moved from the group Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) to the group Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 12200).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Accounting technicians and bookkeepers" near Kitchener (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 6,920 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 40%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 9%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 9%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 6%
Source Labour Market Information | Prospects Methodology
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: