Job prospects Accounting Technician near Kitchener (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Accounting technicians and bookkeepers" near Kitchener (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2020-2022), the labour market was balanced for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers near Kitchener (ON). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 12200) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 7,660 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 42%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 8%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: