Job prospects Accounting Technician in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) are good in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an accounting technician.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be good for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 6,500 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping and payroll services (NAICS 5412): 23%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 11%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 7%
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 5%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 58% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 42% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 70% of accounting technicians and bookkeepers work all year, while 30% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 25% of accounting technicians and bookkeepers are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Good Good|
|North Central Region||Good Good|
|North Region||Fair Fair|
|Parklands Region||Fair Fair|
|South Central Region||Good Good|
|Southeast Region||Good Good|
|Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Winnipeg Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: