Job prospects Accounting Technician in Nunavut
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as an "accounting technician" in Nunavut or Canada.
Job opportunities in Nunavut
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 12200) in Nunavut for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Accounting technicians and bookkeepers are employed by nearly all industries in Nunavut. Job opportunities for this occupation are closely tied to the overall health of Nunavut’s economy, which is expected to be strong for the next few years.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in Nunavut:
- Approximately 150 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Public Administration and Defence (NAICS 91): 42%
- Other Commercial Services (NAICS 54-56, 81): 25%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
- Wholesale and Retail Trade (NAICS 41, 44-45): 6%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 87% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 13% for all occupations
- 89% of accounting technicians and bookkeepers work all year, while 11% work only part of the year, compared to 72% and 28% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 47 weeks compared to 44 weeks for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 28% compared to 51% for all occupations
- Women: 72% compared to 49% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 16% compared to 37% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 35% compared to 22% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 6% compared to 11% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 19% compared to 15% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 16% compared to 10% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: 6% compared to 6% for all occupations
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as an "accounting technician" Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 12200) or Canada.
- Date modified: