Job prospects Accounting Technician in the Nechako Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Nechako Region. These trends also apply to people working as an accounting technician.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the Nechako region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Nechako region:
- Approximately 900 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 27%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 27%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 11%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 5%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: