Job prospects Accounting Technician in the Muskoka–Kawarthas Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Muskoka–Kawarthas Region. These trends also apply to people working as an accounting technician.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the Muskoka - Kawarthas region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Muskoka - Kawarthas region:
- Approximately 2,220 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 39%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 8%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 6%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: