Job prospects Accounting Technician in the Muskoka–Kawarthas Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Accounting technicians and bookkeepers" in the Muskoka–Kawarthas Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Muskoka–Kawarthas Region. The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) in the Muskoka - Kawarthas region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accounting technicians and bookkeepers in the Muskoka - Kawarthas region:
- Approximately 2,400 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 35%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 11%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 8%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Accounting technicians and bookkeepers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: