Job prospects E-business Web Site Developer near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Web designers and developers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an e-business Web site developer.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Web designers and developers (NOC 2175) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Web designers and developers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 7,670 people work in this occupation.
- Web designers and developers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 57%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 11%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 7%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: