Job prospects Personal Trainer in the Winnipeg Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness in the Winnipeg Region. These trends also apply to people working as a personal trainer.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness (NOC 5254) in the Winnipeg region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness in the Winnipeg region:
- Approximately 2,720 people work in this occupation.
- Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 39%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 26%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 13%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 7%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: