Job prospects Personal Support Worker - Home Support near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a personal support worker - home support.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations (NOC 4412) in the Toronto region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 11,490 people work in this occupation.
- Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 37%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 28%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 26%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: