Job prospects Personal Support Worker - Home Support near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a personal support worker - home support.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations (NOC 4412) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 6,830 people work in this occupation.
- Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 36%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 29%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 24%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: