Job prospects Massage Therapist (MT) near Ottawa (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Massage therapists near Ottawa (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a massage therapist (MT).
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Massage therapists (NOC 3236) in the Ottawa region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
Some employers in the Ottawa area may require applicants to be bilingual in French and English in order to be considered for employment.
Here are some key facts about Massage therapists in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 1,060 people work in this occupation.
- Massage therapists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 86%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 10%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: