Job prospects Home Child Care Provider near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Home child care providers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a home child care provider.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Home child care providers (NOC 4411) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
Job openings will be more abundant in Toronto compared to other regions as the region employs over one half of these workers. Toronto continues to have one of the youngest and fastest growing populations in Ontario, as well as higher income earners, which should continue to provide additional opportunities for home childcare providers.
Here are some key facts about Home child care providers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 9,690 people work in this occupation.
- Home child care providers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 62%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 36%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: