Job prospects Home Child Care Provider in the Fredericton–Oromocto
Explore current and future job prospects for Home child care providers in the Fredericton–Oromocto. These trends also apply to people working as a home child care provider.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Home child care providers (NOC 4411) in the Fredericton - Oromocto region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Home child care providers in the Fredericton - Oromocto region:
- Approximately 390 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Home child care providers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Social assistance (NAICS 624): 83%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 15%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: