Job prospects Administrative Assistant near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Administrative assistants near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as an administrative assistant.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be limited for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Administrative assistants in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 8,130 people work in this occupation.
- Administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 15%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 14%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 10%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 8%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: