Job outlook Administrative Assistant near Edmonton (AB)
Job opportunities for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) are fair near Edmonton (AB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an administrative assistant.
Job opportunities near Edmonton (AB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Administrative assistants in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 9,080 people work in this occupation.
- Administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 16%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 12%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 10%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 9%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: