Job prospects Administrative Assistant near Kelowna (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Administrative assistants" near Kelowna (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Growth in remote work reduced demand for workers in this occupation.
- As many workers return to the office, demand is expected to increase to a moderate level.
Here are some key facts about Administrative assistants in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 2,760 people work in this occupation.
- Administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 28%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 12%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 8%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Administrative assistants across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: