Job prospects Administrative Assistant near Kelowna (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Administrative assistants" near Kelowna (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Growth in remote work reduced demand for workers in this occupation.
- As many workers return to the office, demand is expected to increase to a moderate level.
Here are some key facts about Administrative assistants in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 2,760 people work in this occupation.
- Administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 28%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 12%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 8%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Administrative assistants across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: