Job outlook Administrative Assistant near Vancouver (BC)
Job opportunities for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) are fair near Vancouver (BC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an administrative assistant.
Job opportunities near Vancouver (BC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Administrative assistants in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 17,230 people work in this occupation.
- Administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 17%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 15%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 10%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: