Job prospects Advertising And Promotions Specialist near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations (NOC 1123) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- The removal of pandemic-related restrictions has allowed resumption of large events, supporting growth in this occupation.
- Continued demand for social media expertise should also drive demand for workers in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 22,820 people work in this occupation.
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 28%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 14%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 11%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 8%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: