Job prospects Human Resources Supervisor near Ottawa (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Human resources professionals near Ottawa (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a human resources supervisor.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Human resources professionals (NOC 1121) in the Ottawa region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
This occupation is slightly concentrated in the Ottawa area due to the significant presence of the federal administration sector, which accounts for more than half of the employment of these professionals in this region. Individuals who are fluent in both English and French and have knowledge of the classification and organization system within the federal public service will likely have increased employment prospects.
Here are some key facts about Human resources professionals in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 6,900 people work in this occupation.
- Human resources professionals mainly work in the following sectors:
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 48%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 11%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 10%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: