Job prospects Bending Machine Operator - Metal Forging near Longueuil (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Metalworking and forging machine operators near Longueuil (QC). These trends also apply to people working as a bending machine operator - metal forging.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Metalworking and forging machine operators (NOC 9416) in the Montérégie region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions. Part of this growth is attributable to the recovery of losses suffered during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Metalworking and forging machine operators in the Montérégie region:
- Approximately 1,110 people work in this occupation.
- Metalworking and forging machine operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 30%
- Primary metal manufacturing (NAICS 331): 24%
- Transportation equipment manufacturing (NAICS 336): 10%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 7%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 6%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: