Job prospects Administrative Assistant, Medical near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Medical administrative assistants near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an administrative assistant, medical.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be fair for Medical administrative assistants (NOC 1243) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The growth in the population, demand for health services, and recent investments in the economic region's health facilities, should create job opportunities for this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical administrative assistants in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 8,750 people work in this occupation.
- Medical administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 94%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: