Job prospects Medical Administrative Assistant near Saanich (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "medical administrative assistant" was moved from the group Medical administrative assistants (NOC 1243) to the group Medical administrative assistants (NOC 13112).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Medical administrative assistants" near Saanich (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Medical administrative assistants (NOC 1243) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical administrative assistants in the Vancouver Island and Coast region:
- Approximately 620 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Medical administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 84%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 14%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: