Job outlook Administrative Assistant, Medical near Vancouver (BC)
The job outlook for an administrative assistant, medical working near Vancouver (BC) is good over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Medical administrative assistants (NOC 1243).
Job opportunities near Vancouver (BC)
The employment outlook will be good for Medical administrative assistants (NOC 1243) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical administrative assistants in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 2,520 people work in this occupation.
- Medical administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 90%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 8%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Medical administrative assistants (NOC 1243) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: