Job prospects Payroll Administrator near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Payroll administrators" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Payroll administrators (NOC 1432) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Payroll administrators in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 4,250 people work in this occupation.
- Payroll administrators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 11%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 9%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 8%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Payroll administrators across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: