Job prospects Payroll Administrator near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Payroll administrators" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Payroll administrators (NOC 1432) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Payroll administrators in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 4,250 people work in this occupation.
- Payroll administrators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 11%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 9%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 8%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Payroll administrators across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: