Job prospects Payroll Administrator near Hamilton (ON)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "payroll administrator" was moved from the group Payroll administrators (NOC 1432) to the group Payroll administrators (NOC 13102).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Payroll administrators" near Hamilton (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Payroll administrators (NOC 1432) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Payroll administrators in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 1,580 people work in this occupation.
- Payroll administrators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 9%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 8%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 7%
Source Labour Market Information | Prospects Methodology
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: