Job prospects Domestic Animal Scientist near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Biologists and related scientists" near Calgary (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Biologists and related scientists (NOC 21110) in the Calgary region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Biologists and related scientists in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 1,360 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Biologists and related scientists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 50%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 18%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 11%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Biologists and related scientists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: