Job prospects Electrical Station Operator - Electrical Power Systems near Miramichi (NB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Power engineers and power systems operators near Miramichi (NB). These trends also apply to people working as an electrical station operator - electrical power systems.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was poor over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more workers available than job openings.
The employment outlook will be good for Power engineers and power systems operators (NOC 9241) in the Campbellton - Miramichi region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Power engineers and power systems operators in the Campbellton - Miramichi region:
- Approximately 260 people work in this occupation.
- Power engineers and power systems operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Paper manufacturing (NAICS 322): 47%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 15%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 14%
- Wood product manufacturing (NAICS 321): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: