Job prospects Public Works Grounds Maintenance Labourer Supervisor near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a public works grounds maintenance labourer supervisor.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services (NOC 8255) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 1,040 people work in this occupation.
- Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 80%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: