Job prospects Public Works Grounds Maintenance Labourer Supervisor near Kitchener (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services near Kitchener (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a public works grounds maintenance labourer supervisor.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services (NOC 8255) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Higher population growth across the region will continue to support residential, commercial and institutional construction. This will increase the number of facilities that require landscaping and grounds maintenance services. In addition, the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie region has about 12.0% of all greenhouses, nurseries, and floriculture producers in the province. Most of these operations are in the counties of Simcoe and Wellington.
Here are some key facts about Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 1,600 people work in this occupation.
- Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 76%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: