Job prospects Assistant Passenger Service Co-ordinator - Railway near Grande Prairie (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors near Grande Prairie (AB). These trends also apply to people working as an assistant passenger service co-ordinator - railway.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be good for Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors (NOC 6313) in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
This tourism-related occupation has been affected by weakness in the oil and gas sector. Apart from Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region, Alberta's hotel industry has been negatively impacted by the economic slowdown. Increases in international tourist traffic have only partially offset a slump in business travel. Additionally, tighter household budgets have reduced in-province vacation travel.
Here are some key facts about Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region:
- Approximately 350 people work in this occupation.
- Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 64%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 21%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 9%
- Agriculture: 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: