Job prospects Administrative Assistant - Legal in Saskatchewan
Job opportunities for Legal administrative assistants (NOC 1242) are fair in Saskatchewan over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an administrative assistant - legal.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
The employment outlook will be fair for Legal administrative assistants (NOC 1242) in Saskatchewan for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Legal administrative assistants in the Saskatchewan region:
- Approximately 1,550 people work in this occupation.
- Legal administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Legal services (NAICS 5411): 83%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 86% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 14% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 79% of legal administrative assistants work all year, while 21% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of legal administrative assistants are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Northern Region||Fair Fair|
|Prince Albert Region||Fair Fair|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region||Fair Fair|
|Saskatoon–Biggar Region||Fair Fair|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region||Fair Fair|
|Yorkton–Melville Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Legal administrative assistants (NOC 1242) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: