Job prospects Accounting Assistant in the Windsor-Sarnia Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Accounting and related clerks" in the Windsor-Sarnia Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Accounting and related clerks in the Windsor-Sarnia Region. The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Accounting and related clerks (NOC 1431) in the Windsor - Sarnia region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Accounting and related clerks in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 1,830 people work in this occupation.
- Accounting and related clerks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 17%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 10%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 8%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Accounting and related clerks across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: