Job prospects Mechanical Engineer near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Mechanical engineers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Mechanical engineers (NOC 2132) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Mechanical engineers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 4,830 people work in this occupation.
- Mechanical engineers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 46%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 6%
- Computer, electronic and electrical product manufacturing (NAICS 334-335): 6%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Mechanical engineers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: