Job prospects Mechanical Engineer near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Mechanical engineers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Mechanical engineers (NOC 2132) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Mechanical engineers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 4,830 people work in this occupation.
- Mechanical engineers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 46%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 6%
- Computer, electronic and electrical product manufacturing (NAICS 334-335): 6%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Mechanical engineers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: