Job prospects Mechanical Engineer near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Mechanical engineers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for Mechanical engineers (NOC 21301) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Mechanical engineers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 5,070 people work in this occupation.
- Mechanical engineers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 49%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 9%
- Computer, electronic and electrical product manufacturing (NAICS 334-335): 8%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Mechanical engineers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: