Job prospects Chemical Engineer near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Chemical engineers" near Calgary (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Chemical engineers (NOC 21320) in the Calgary region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Chemical engineers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 1,590 people work in this occupation.
- Chemical engineers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 44%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211, 213): 31%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Chemical engineers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: