Job prospects Chemical Engineer near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Chemical engineers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a chemical engineer.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be good for Chemical engineers (NOC 2134) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Chemical engineers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 1,700 people work in this occupation.
- Chemical engineers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 33%
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 19%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: