Job prospects Food Technologist in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Chemical technologists and technicians (NOC 2211) are fair in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a food technologist.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be fair for Chemical technologists and technicians (NOC 2211) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Chemical technologists and technicians in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 800 people work in this occupation.
- Chemical technologists and technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 27%
- Other professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 5414, 5416-5419): 11%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 11%
- Architectural, engineering and design services (NAICS 5413): 8%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 94% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 6% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 67% of chemical technologists and technicians work all year, while 33% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 37 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southwest Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Winnipeg Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Chemical technologists and technicians (NOC 2211) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: